Re: [guadec-list] website content

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:57:56AM -0300, Vinicius Depizzol wrote:
> As the designer of the current layout, I asked some of the folks in
> Art Team and all of them were very positive with the logo change. The
> GNOME logo itself got a lot of attention this time.

We also had this somewhere in the early stages:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pmathijssen/Guadec2010#5413283399254876226

(which I used on the very limited edition promo shirts)

> Also, the way the website layout is done makes it work with future
> editions of the conference as well (just change the palette color and
> the city silhouette and the website won't need a complete different
> version every year).

That's also why I tried OCS this time as the underlying system, because
there was an expressed need to have some system that can be re-used each
year and for other conferences as well, while archiving previous years
sites in a consistent matter. OCS makes all this possible, so if we like
it it might end up being used again.

> Regarding the content, we still need basic information, like details
> of conference location, travel+sleep+eat, et cetera. Maybe we could
> use the wiki to create this content instead of drafting directly in
> the cms.

Or just link to http://www.writingtravellers.com/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=The_Hague :)

No, drafting the content on the wiki is good, we need to think a bit
about the structure though. Because unlike a wiki, OCS is not an unstructured
repository of documents.

Gr,

Koen