Re: [guadec-list] Volunteer from The Hague?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:15:28AM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> For information, there's lots of stuff that needs doing - in addition to
> keynotes (see elsewhere) we also need someone to take responsibility for
> accommodation options, and I am sure that there are social occasions to
> organise or co-ordinate during the week, and perhaps there are some
> special needs like a football pitch for a football match, or designing
> an ad for a local magazine, or...?

Some of these things are already picked up by local volunteers.. Not the football
match though :) We have someone working with sponsors to find appropriate party
venues.

> > You'll also need to get suggested accommodation options sorted soon -
> > early March would be ideal, around the time people start planning their
> > trip. If you can suggest 4 accommodation options, that would be ideal:
> > - 1 free/low budget (campsite, dorm rooms in a youth hostel, that kind
> > of thing)
> > - 1 or 2 cheap individual or twin rooms (engineers travelling on expenses
> > - 1 nice hotel (3 or 4 *) for people on corporate expense accounts, or
> > used to a little more from accommodation.
>
> So we're already behind that schedule...A

The accommodation options are already sorted out (there's an email about that
on guadec-planning), we're waiting for setting up the local legal entity so we
can open up registration.

Gr,

Koen