Re: [guadec-list] Volunteer from The Hague?

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
> Hi Wouter,
>
> Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
>> Op vrijdag 12-03-2010 om 17:45 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Gaël
>> Hernandez:
>>> I live at The Hague and would like to help out with the organization
>>> of GUADEC (logistics, local procurements, etc). Could you link me up
>>> with the local committee?
>>
>> I think your best bet is to send mail to Koen Martens <gmc sonologic nl>
>> and Sanne te Meerman <sanne opensourceadvies nl>.
>
> The best bet is to work here. If people are prepared to volunteer and
> can't figure out here what there is to do, then that's a problem.

 I've talked a bit with Koen some weeks ago (I replied today), he told
me that organizing committee was going to have a meeting to discuss
tasks for volunteers; no any other answer from there but I think there
are some work to be done.

 I don't live at the Hague neither near Europe, however IMO I'll still
able to help. I would like to say again, as I said to Koen, I'm
available to help and I really like to do it.

Kind Regards.

> There is a guadec-local list also which is for local-language communication.
>
> For information, there's lots of stuff that needs doing - in addition to
> keynotes (see elsewhere) we also need someone to take responsibility for
> accommodation options, and I am sure that there are social occasions to
> organise or co-ordinate during the week, and perhaps there are some
> special needs like a football pitch for a football match, or designing
> an ad for a local magazine, or...?
[...]