Re: [guadec-list] any volunteer?

Hi,

Umit Bozkir wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Dave Neary wrote:
>> I need a pub or similar social place near the conference location for a
>> pub quiz. We need permission to have a quiz, space, a microphone &
>> loudspeaker set up, and prizes.
>
>  I know a pub near the conference location (Next to the street). I guess
> we can get permission to make a pub quiz. But how many people can join
> the quiz (Ok, many drinkers:) ? If there is going to be less than 25
> people then there is no need to microphone and other devices. Otherwise
> someone should find microphone and other necessities.

We will need a microphone, for sure. I'm expecting maybe 20 tables of 5
or 6 people? Add to that conversation and people who are hanging around,
and you'll need to be able to raise the volume.

>  Kerem, can you find these devices?
>
> PS: It's a traditional pub (We can find only beer and some traditional
> drinks) but really cheap.

Will they have a space capable of welcoming say 200 people from GUADEC?
Perhaps in a beer garden?

Cheers,
Dave.

--