Re: [guadec-list] Mango passwords and instructions?
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org>
- Cc: gnome-sysadmin gnome org, gnome-infrastructure gnome org, guadec-list <guadec-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [guadec-list] Mango passwords and instructions?
- Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:20:05 -0400
On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 19:42 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> Only annoying part is the script for the user. It should be simple
> enough so that people trust the working. But at the same time, some
> GUI is likely needed (?).. but that would make it complicated.
> Note that fetching private keys from the ssh agent is trivial.
How about something like showing people a page saying:
"Please run the following command and follow instructions given there:
echo "blah blah blah some rand word" | ssh auth.gnome.org
The auth.gnome.org then gives them a password they can use to login
withing the next 10 minutes.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
] [Thread Prev