Re: [guadec-list] Mango passwords and instructions?

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 09:24:47PM -0400, Germán Poó-Caamaño wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 21:29 +0300, Baris Cicek wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > If someone can lead the organization of such a thing, we can add it to
> > Events page as well.
>
> If still there is time, I can take care of this.  Also, I would like to
> have some feedback from Olav and/or Christian.

With the rewrite of Mango into Python, I can rely on the SSH keys for
authentication. This will however require people wanting to login to
Mango to run a custom script (to extract the RSA bits of out the private
key to enable the authentication).

I hope to do this hack first via a script and later on have it
integrated into seahorse (haven't talked at all to the devs yet).

So GPG isn't that needed atm (SSH keys will be far easier to handle from
my standpoint.. we already trust these things anyway).

Not sure what people thing or using SSH keys for logging in to a
website. Perhaps it is considered totally crazy... ATM I first have to
finish the rewrite anyway (progressing nicely, but still a lot of things
to finish).

--
Regards,
Olav