Re: [guadec-list] Keynotes to invite

Dave Neary wrote:
Hi,

Glynn Foster wrote:
Again, let's think outside the box - access the speakers outside our direct
community

Indeed :) So far I have 4 broad categories - design, business/politics,
marketing/blogosphere/user experience and technical.

There's some overlap, but that's the general guidelines. In technical I
have not been putting any GNOME-related speakers - jdub's not on the
list, nor is Federico, Havoc, Nat or any of the other community members
who could give a great "setting the compass" keynote.

We will have one or two of those, don't worry, but as I said, these
people have close to a 100% acceptance rate - when I invite a community
member it'll be to talk about a specific technology, trend or whatever.
In fact, one or two people usually say "I have something really
important to say, can I keynote?" Oftentimes, I (or whoever is in
charge) say "not really" - that's why Seth Nickell did his condom
presentation in Stuttgart as part of the conference opening - Owen
Taylor left him some of "his" time during the chairman's address.

The list of potential keynotes to hunt down and invite has grown pretty
long - mostly in the technical area, but thanks to Bryan Clark and Seth
Nickell also in the design area.

Some ideas in marketing and user experience (along the lines of
Anderson, Godin, Alan Cooper, ...) would be great.
Hi Dave!
As you asked on irc today for some ideas for more design people.

Aza Raskin [1] [2] is a great and inspiring guy. I had a beer with him when he stopped by Gothenburg a couple of weeks ago, and I think he have some good ideas how we can take our interface design to a new level.

1. http://www.humanized.com
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aza_Raskin
- Andreas

Remember, the goal with a good keynote is to get people thinking
differently about the way the approach things - to bring new
perspectives to how you analyse problems, or get you thinking about
novel solutions. Reinforcing current views isn't really that interesting
to me.

Cheers,
Dave.