Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC 2008 - Just start Rocking

On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 21:07 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 14:10 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> [snip]
> > One other thing - it's about time to start thinking of the program
> > committee - the call for papers, selection criteria, schedule and so on.
> > Usually the call for papers goes out mid January, it might be an idea to
> > have a sketch of a schedule and a program chair in place as soon as the
> > venue is confirmed.
>
> Ross wrote some web stuff to help with paper selection for 2007, but I
> think he has said somewhere that he'd rather use Expectnation in future:
> http://expectnation.com/public/content/home
>
> It could be a big help.

Expectnation is proprietary, although Edd has offered a free license in
the past.  Some may feel that GNOME is committing a terrible sin by
using closed source for planning GUADEC, so it may be worth considering
the Python conference system (which I can't recall the name of) or
Pentabarf:

http://pentabarf.org/

Of course, Expectnation is hosted and supported, so would be the far
easier option.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./