Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC 2008 - Just start Rocking

Hi Baris,

Baris Cicek wrote:
> * Looking for keynote speakers (We need conference date to be fixed,
> else speakers can't decide if GUADEC fit into their agenda. Dave Neary
> already pledged his support, and I hope some other people will also help
> so we can have good keynote speakers for the conference)

A word of warning on this - so far I have not had much time to work on
this, and the last time I spoke with you I was clear that I would like
to have some idea of the keynotes you want to invite. I can go it alone,
but given my availability and taste, the results might not be
acceptable. Plus, I don't want to be a single point of failure on
something this important.

I will start a thread with some keynoter ideas on guadec-list.

> * Sponsorship brochure
> 	We have a brochure from last year to get updated for this year. However
> we need master copy of it to change it, else we need to make it from
> over. Anyone have it? Or should we start from over using some text and
> idea from it?

Contact Bastien or Paul, they should have the scribus source for last
year's brochure.

One other thing - it's about time to start thinking of the program
committee - the call for papers, selection criteria, schedule and so on.
Usually the call for papers goes out mid January, it might be an idea to
have a sketch of a schedule and a program chair in place as soon as the
venue is confirmed.

Cheers,
Dave.

--