[guadec-list] The no-paper work

Heya,

Article 9 on the sponsors brochure says:
"
To minimise detritus, The GUADEC Organisers might replace some inserts
and adverts by electronic versions.
"

And we'll be doing just that!

Instead of handing out a wad of paper that people will try to chuck
anywhere at the earliest time, we'll be handing out USB sticks. The
current plan is to use 2GB USB sticks, as they're big enough to be
useful after the conference.

We're looking for people and some help.

- People to contact the sponsors to ask them for their data to put on
the USB key disks (only open-format documents, PDFs and HTML preferred)
- People to create a naviguable presentation, including data that would
usually be found in the booklet (speaker notes, information about
Birmingham, etc.)
- One person to create a few potential designs for the logo on the keys
themselves.
- People from a distribution that would be interested in sponsoring a
live version of their distribution on the USB key. This would be in
counterpart for partial payment of the keys[1], or extensive help on the
above.

The data gathering would take place in GNOME SVN, so it would be better
if the interested people already had accounts, although we can work on
creating accounts if there is a need.

If you're interested, drop me a mail in private, and we can start
creating the SVN module, and gathering data from the various sponsors.

Cheers

[1]: The estimated price is £5,000 for about 500 keys, with data
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>