Re: [guadec-list] SoC students at GUADEC

Le mardi 24 avril 2007, à 23:55, Rob Bradford a écrit :
> On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 22:41 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > (I'm not subscribed to guadec-list, so please keep me cc'ed :-))
> >
> > SoC students will be encouraged to come to GUADEC. However, it's quite
> > possible that some of them don't have enough money for the travel. Do
> > you think it'll be possible to get sponsorships for some of them, even
> > if they didn't contribute to GNOME before?
>
> I would hope that we would be able to provide sponsorship considering
> their future contributions.

Cool!

> > Also, just a thought: it might be nice to have a small room where SoC
> > students who come will be able to meet, and so people interested in
> > their projects can come to discuss with them. What do you think?
>
> I really like the sound of that, Paul will be able to advise us further
> on the availability of such a room. Perhaps we could have each SoC
> person who attends have very-mini BOF with their mentors and interested
> parties. We could give them a small timeslot when the room would be
> available for them to use and then people can hang around chatting. My
> only worry would be to make it too formal/intimidating and scary.

Nod. It's quite important to make this not scary.

> Very good idea as usual Vincent! Would you like to email the SoC
> students and try and get an idea of how many are planning to come?

Yes, the plan was to send a mail about GUADEC to them once we knew if
sponsorship is an option (of course, we can't guarantee they'll get
sponsored). We'll send the mail soonish.

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.