Re: [guadec-list] SoC students at GUADEC

Hi Vincent,

----- "Vincent Untz" <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (I'm not subscribed to guadec-list, so please keep me cc'ed :-))
>
> SoC students will be encouraged to come to GUADEC. However, it's
> quite
> possible that some of them don't have enough money for the travel. Do
> you think it'll be possible to get sponsorships for some of them,
> even
> if they didn't contribute to GNOME before?

Cracking idea. Exactly who and how many people we can sponsor all depends on the finances. The good news is that Thomas has been doing a great job drumming up lots of sponsorship (and probably lots of the board and other folks in the background). So long as the finances allow it I see nothing to stop us doing this.

> Also, just a thought: it might be nice to have a small room where SoC
> students who come will be able to meet, and so people interested in
> their projects can come to discuss with them. What do you think?

We've got the whole place (bar a few music students practicing) so I'm sure we can find a space. We have one room which we are planning for ad-hoc plan as you go activities, plus there are other rooms we could use - if you want to make it really small then a practice room fits 3 at most ;-)

Another idea - perhaps we could persuade one or more hackers known for giving good presentations (Federico for example) to do a tech presentations mini-tutorial/workshop on Monday (not just for SoC students it would be good for all)?

Regards,

Paul