Re: [guadec-list] SoC students at GUADEC

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 22:41 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (I'm not subscribed to guadec-list, so please keep me cc'ed :-))
>
> SoC students will be encouraged to come to GUADEC. However, it's quite
> possible that some of them don't have enough money for the travel. Do
> you think it'll be possible to get sponsorships for some of them, even
> if they didn't contribute to GNOME before?

I would hope that we would be able to provide sponsorship considering
their future contributions.

> Also, just a thought: it might be nice to have a small room where SoC
> students who come will be able to meet, and so people interested in
> their projects can come to discuss with them. What do you think?

I really like the sound of that, Paul will be able to advise us further
on the availability of such a room. Perhaps we could have each SoC
person who attends have very-mini BOF with their mentors and interested
parties. We could give them a small timeslot when the room would be
available for them to use and then people can hang around chatting. My
only worry would be to make it too formal/intimidating and scary.

Very good idea as usual Vincent! Would you like to email the SoC
students and try and get an idea of how many are planning to come?

Cheers,

Rob
--
Rob Bradford <rob robster org uk>