Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC Jam

Hey Quim,

What about if you define first the band based on real people you can
count with (how many, which instruments) so we know what are the exact
needs. Then we proceed.

Here's The Drooling Macaque Band:
Drums: Lucas Rocha (lucasr)
Bass: Chris Lord (Cwiiis) and Edward Hervey (bilboed)
Guitar: Carlos Garnacho (garnacho)
Sax: Davyd Madeley (davyd) and Robert McQueen (Robot101)
Vocals: John Palmieri (J5)

And we have a bunch of people [1] that can play something in a jam.
Our idea is to have a repertoire of 10 songs. Edward told that he'll
try to help you on the organization of this jam.

Question: would you like to play during one of the social events
planned? This would help us perhaps getting some money for the sound
system etc.

I'd really like to help on this but I don't want to be "busy" on
social events. I want to drink beers on social events. :-)

But again, the first thing is to have the band. The football guys got 40
players. Will you get a ska-reggae big band?  :)

We're a jazzy/rock/funk band but we can play some Marley. :-P

Suggestion for a name: The Free Note Band

My suggestion is The Drooling Macaque Band in memory of the 0.25 GNOME release.

p eace

--lucasr

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMusicianIndex