Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC Jam

Hi,

Where do you prefer this to happen, in the GUADEC marquee (starting at
19h, no more than 1h - 1h30, only for our ears) or in the GNOME Village
(starting at 20h or so with time until 23h59, up to you, and open to the
rest of people in the camping).

I think GNOME Village is a more interesting place. Opening the jam for
non-GUADEC people can interesting too because I don't think we'll have
a too many instruments available. In this case, the jam would take
place outdoor? This has influence in equipment decision.

We need to know the sound equipment you need.

Considering the Band setup we'd need (a litle dificult to me because I
don't know all equipments names in english):
1 Mixer (8 channels is enough, I think)
2 Powerful Speakers
1 Guitar amplifier
1 Bass amplifier
6 Mics
1 Drum (with cymbals and drumsticks)
* Percussion instruments (bongo, effects)
* Cables for guitar, bass and keyboards
* Musicians! Musicians! Musicians!

There is a shop in Vilanova that rent instruments. I guess this is
something the drummer wanted to know.

About the instruments, I think the volunteer from local organization
could search for people who could borrow us. Renting all the
instruments is not a good idea. It will make the jam too expensive.

> I'd need someone from local organization with who I could work
> together to prepare this.

As you see, I'm asking only the questions related with infrastructures
and money. You still need that volunteer.  :)

Ok! Volunteer? Where are you?

I don't think it's even possible to prepare this jam without a local
person with basic knowledge about audio equipments.

p eace

--lucasr