Re: [guadec-list] Printed Program - ToC

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 10:40 +0330, Sara Khalatbari wrote:

> Sponsor's  List & ads

Since the sponsors are the core source of professionals as well, maybe
we could have the professionals list featuring the sponsors with bigger
entries & logos + the blurbs at http://guadec.org/GUADEC2006/sponsors

The ads are located all over the program, they are not "contents" per
se. Maybe they can placed in a way though that they occupy just some
color sheets, allowing the rest to be B&W (cheaper).

> A short history of GUADEC & then a foreword for this GUADEC,
> describing what's new
> A few words from the conference coordinator

Can't this be just summarized in the foreword of the coordinator? Or
maybe it's worth to have like a brief article about the history of
GUADSEC, but at the end of the program and made with style (and
pictures) by a GNOME Journal-alike reporter... This could be optional
content though. What it doesn't make much sense is to start with the
history of previous years.

>  ( Brief forewords from the Generalitat, the Council of Vilanova, the
> Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya and the GNOME Foundation )
> The schedule including: Warm up,

GUADEC-ES and GUADEC-CA need to have differentiated space inside WUW.

>   Core, After Hours, Sessions
> Keynotes (Abstract, Biography and Interview )
> Summaries/abstracts of the talks + Bio of speakers

In case of deadline crisis I wouldn't hesitate cutting here bios and
summaries: title of session, name of speaker(s) and picture(s) cabn be
enough too.

> Listing of attending maintainers (really necessary?)

What is this?

> List of professional participants (really necessary?)

Yes, considering that this is the only tangible difference (by now) a
professional paying 150€/75€ gets from a hobbyists paying 30€/0€.