Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC T-Shirts

On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 12:56 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Sat, 6 May 2006, David Neary wrote:
>
> > 15% ladies = 75 shirts - are we being optimistic? There were well under
> > 50 women last year.
>
> Not many conferences have separate ladies shirts, so if we do, I
> expect some people buying ladies ones for their partners too,
> specially if they are bringing them along...

Certainly.  I've been one of this guys asking/buying ladies t-shirts
from Linux chick at Brazil.

IMHO, we always should be optimistic about ladies if we want more of
them getting involved and if we would like to give the signal that
we are opened to their important contribution.

Anyway, I know that in Europe and NorthAmerica is more expensive than
other countries, probably this was the reason the t-shirts in last
GUADEC were coming from Brazil.

Regards,

--
Germán Poó-Caamaño