Re: [guadec-list] Local transport

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 22:28 +1200, Glynn Foster wrote:

> Go out for dinner until a reasonable hour, come back with alcohol and
> have house parties - goodness knows we have enough  bungalows rented
> between all of us :))

Unless we get a special service from the public transport company, your
last chance to get a public bus from the center to Vilanova Park will be
at 21h30-22h. This means that anyone wanting to have some Vilanova night
life will be on their own, without bus or taxi until 7am. Do we want
this?

Also, some local background:

21h30-22h is a reasonable time to start having dinner in Vilanova during
summer. At the end of June there is still some daylight at 22h. 'Night
life' as a concept (people nicely dressed going out for drinks and
dance) starts at 22h... or 23h and beyond.

A reasonable duration for a social dinner is 1h30-2h (conversation + red
wine accelerates time in Mediterranean latitudes without needing to
reach light speed). Then you need to remember where the bus stop bus,
find it... and you don't know how it's already 1h00am.

People wanting to cook or have just some sandwiches or dips (or any
other invention to eat less while you drink more) can safely stay in the
bungalows: they are equipped with kitchen stuff and there is a complete
supermarket with reasonable prices in the camping.