Re: [guadec-list] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: LUGRadio and GUADEC]]

Hi Quim,

The Carpa is the marquee, our biggest venue, where the keynotes and
plenary sessions are held. During the no-activity hours it is the free
hacking zone.

It is a pity that we are discussing this few days before the event
einstead of few weeks or few months, but anyway.

It is a pity, I suppose our schedules beat us all. I have been
similarly busy finishing two books and organising LURadio Live 2006.

The Carpa will have a sound table and mixes, since it wil be prepared to
have several speakers on a table and so one. We are also going to hire
some sound equipment for the Jam Session, and Nokia is paying that.

So long as we have a mixer with 4 - 6 mics which can plug into a small
line-in socket on a laptop, we will be fine.

I wish I would have now the list of everything we are hiring so you can
check if you need anything else, but this is not possible. I wish I
would know more about sound but... this is not possible now either.

So, do you think that you will need anything else than the sound system
of this Carpa - big marquee? If so, bring it with you or send it by
courier. We will cover the costs, but we don't want to cover unnecessary
costs.

A few questions:

- Is the mixer available on the desk where we are sat? I will need to
be close by so I can mix and plug it into my laptop.

- Can you get a list of the sound equipment in the Carpa room?

I will bring my simple small mixer anyway and some converter plugs for mics.

 Jono