Re: [guadec-list] Press team: urgent translation help needed

Hi Javi,

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 14:42 +0200, Javier Vazquez wrote:
> Hi guys!,
>
>  after a couple of days writing cool stories and the press kit,
> polishing and translating, we already have our press room ready in
> guadec.org:
> http://guadec.org/Guadec2006/pressRoom
>
>  Anyway, just before sending the information to press agencies (Monday
> it's last day!), we need to finish and translate some articles. Work to
> be urgently done:
>
> * Press Kit: Spanish version is finished and uploaded, but we need
> urgently someone to translate this into English.
> The OOo 2 version in Spanish: http://guadec.org/files/pressKit_es.odt
>
> * Press release Monday 19th June: Thomas is finishing it, tonight I will
> translate it into Spanish and upload both (Spanish and English, maybe
> German also?) to the Press Room.
>
>  Any comments or suggestions will be very welcome.

I have read part of the Press Kit so far, and I think it is pretty good.
However, there are some issues that may be improved.

- In the "¿Qué es Software Libre?" paragraph:

"El software libre es la forma originario de entender el desarrollo
tecnológico"

I think it may be "la forma originaria".

- In most of the document, you talk about GNOME being a GNU/Linux
oriented desktop environment. This may not be completely accurate, as
GNOME runs in some other platforms.

- In the Introducción:

"Durante la semana de duración del congreso, está prevista la llegada a
Vilanova de unos 500 de los cinco continentes" is missing
"desarrolladores" or "participantes" after "500".

Do you think it is possible to put the document in the wiki so we can
edit it and improve it together? I would like to help with this.

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedr wh8 tu-dresden de>