Re: [guadec-list] Press team: help needed

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 07:33:21PM +0200, Javier Vazquez wrote:

> > > volunteer to translate it into English. Mine it's no awful, but not good
> > > enough either.
> > Hrm.  If you wish we can work on this together.  No need for you to go it
> > alone.
>
>  Sri, thank you for the offer, but I think that a good way to do this is
> one person to write it and 1-2-..-n people to review. So, if you could
> write the press kit before the deadline, it would be very helpful. In
> other case, I will do it and ask someone to review and translate.

I'll get back to you doing it alone might be problematic for me.
As we get closer to GUADEC, I find that work seems to be taking
more and more time. :/

> > >  No volunteers, so I suppose I will write them. Again, a person to
> > > translate them into English would be very welcome.
>
> > I can help you here as well and I'm going to sign on people from the
> > GJ people as well.  I might shanghai some people to help as well.
>

>  The same as before, if you or other person of GJ could write any of
> them, it would be very helpful. If so, please tell me so many you could
> write :) Anyway, I would need to know this as soon as possible, because
> I have to work at weekend to get it done

I will mail someone in the GJ mailing list to see if they can take
this on with a blog entry as well.

> > Yes, I'm working with the OSDL folks as you well know regarding the portland
> > project.  I wrote the previous one although it seems kind of dodgy, so I
> > think I might have to think something else.
>
>   Sri, do you have a final version? I need to translate it tonight to
> send it to our media partner tomorrow (Friday). Please, send me it as
> soon as possible. Thank you again

Yeah, nothing yet.  They sent some stuff, and I told them they
had the approach wrong and I sent them a prelim version of what I
wanted but it's only like the first paragraph.  Not sure if they
will be able to follow up today or not.

sri