Re: [guadec-list] asian story redone..

Dave Neary wrote:
Hi,

Glynn Foster wrote:
Are you sure you haven't gotten your wires crossed? That 'deal' was to
make sure that the Solaris kernel was a core part of the curriculum over
there AFAIK - nothing to do with GNOME as such. However, there was a
rather large deployment figure a couple of years ago that Sun had with
the Chinese government for a Linux based JDS - separate events, that you
might want to double check.

That's the infamous "1 million desktops by the end of 2005" - I have
been trying for months to get info in that, and been getting no-where.

Yeah, not sure it's the best story to go with at this stage - I haven't heard much myself on what's going on there. I do know that it was a multi-year plan, and certainly not that immediate.

I think I'd probably just focus in on GUADEC being an international conference, and the highlights the project has had during the last year rather than specific deployments. It's not a press release, and it'll be infinitely more interesting to read.

Glynn