[guadec-list] Re: Press team: help needed

Some more data...

Can someone please upload a web page in guadec.org with the collection
of links provided here? There are many interesting but almost hidden
pages...

> - Number of developers coming to Barcelona?

315 registered today, 500 expected (and no reason by now to change this
expectation).

More than 64 bungalows booked in the GNOME Village at Vilanova Park: you
don't get so many free software developers sleeping "together" so
easily. I bet many people (journalists included) would be interested in
seeing http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/GNOMEVillage

> - Represented groups of gnome project (core, gtk, gpe etc.?)?

We don't know, although the http://guadec.org/GUADEC2006/schedule and
the http://guadec.org/GUADEC2006/tagcloud can give a hint. You can also
browse the profiles of:

People planning to stay the whole week:
http://guadec.org/profile/participants/the%20whole%20week

The 3 core days:
http://guadec.org/profile/participants/the%203%20core%20days

> - The countries who will be represented by developers (US etc.)?

Although "represented" is too much (i.e. a Russian guy living in Finla
nd and working for Nokia count as Russian representative?), this is
something we should have asked since the beginning, yes.

I guess all the EU countries, and as far as I remember Serbia, Check
Republic, Hungary, Letonia, Norway, Turkey, Iran, India, China, Mongolia
(to be confirmed, visa in progress), Nigeria (visa in progress), Dodji
Seketeli is from Togo and living in France, I wonder if we have South
Africans, Canada, USA, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Chile, Australia, New
Zealand.

Maybe there are more between the companies' employees...

http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/PrintedContent/ProfList

> - Most important slots at "GNOME Core"-Conference (3-5 examples)?

http://guadec.org/GUADEC2006/schedule/Core

Apart from the keynotes, see the "UPC Big" column and judge by yourself.

> - The names, functions, companies and countries of our vips/keynote-speakers?

http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/PrintedContent/CoreKeynoter

is what we have now

> - Informations about main sponsors how should be named (Gold Sponsors/All?)?

http://guadec.org/GUADEC2006/sponsors

I think it's not bad to spend 2 lines enumerating the cool list of
sponsors we have, adding te co-organizers (specially the Generalitat de
Catalunya and Campus de la Mediterr�a. Maybe changing a bit the sort
making sure the worldwide known brands (Nokia, Google, Intel etc) are
visible. Ypu could also provide some description about the not so know
i.e. OSDL is "home to Linus Torvalds, the creator of Linux", Fluendo is
a Barcelona based company with an international team... more in the
descriptions sent by the own sponsors.

> If i get all that informations i can write down the release in near time. I can help you
> as media contact in Barcelona, if you have a spanish cellular phone there. For whole
> the time a have a car in Barcelona, so i can do shuttle service for journalists/vips.

Great. I wish I'll have some time to invest also in PPRR with
journalists since I'm not bad dealing with them, English is still a
language barrier with the local press and a Catalan speaker inside an
international event is part of the "exotism".

--
Quim Gil /// http://gnome.org | http://guadec.org