Re: [guadec-list] Social events

El mar, 31-01-2006 a las 10:40 +0100, Andy Wingo escribió:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm on this list on my own, but as I work for Fluendo I also get pressed
> into service as a communications channel ;-)
>
> So, Fluendo is interested in hosting a social event on Tuesday, 27 June.
> AFAICT that is the second day of the official GUADEC, and the last
> evening. We promise to host our out-of-town guests in a manner most
> fitting to the beaches of the mediterranean. Fluendo will take care of
> the costs for this event. (Speaking again for myself I can say that
> hackers like beer very much, and are partial to cava as well.)
>
> Well, just wanted to give the heads-up, so that unless there are
> conflicts this would become the tuesday night social activity. Speak
> now, or forever hold your glass.

I think social events are very good, but sadly every year it
happens "too" late.  And I mean "too" late, because only one
day remain to finish every single conversation that everyone
started with a new member.

Probably, for everyone in the core of GNOME it just another
day to talk each other, for newcomers of their first/second
GUADEC is the chance to meet each other.

If the social event happens first, people will have the chance
to talk/work the whole GUADEC, not only the last day.  Obviously
it has some cons. but think about it.

Regards,

--
Germán Poó Caamaño