Re: [guadec-list] 30/jan #guadec meeting log

Hi,

Glynn Foster wrote:
On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 23:23 +0100, David Neary wrote:
Please do push. I've been floating keynote ideas, but haven't really gotten an idea whether people like the ideas or not.

I think the problem is to do with the confusion about where discussion
is supposed to happen. Currently we have guadec-list, guadec-planning
and board-list.  <snip>

Glynn
[who's seen none of the keynote suggestions]

It's been going to board-planning. I haven't been asking on board-list, but have asked some people personally.

My ideas are:
Simon Phipps (invitation gone)
Someone from OSAF (Mitch Kapor or Ted Leung, not sure it's relevant enough)
Someone from Google (Ben Collins-Sussman or Jon Trowbridge)

General principle: figure out who's currently doing cool stuff in free software and ask the to come & talk about it.

A few more ideas:
Ton Roosendaal (Blender, releasing Elephant's Dream in mid March)
A High Profile GNOME Developer (we had Jeff, Seth & Miguel last year, Nat the year before, who's going to be our "kick in the arse" speaker this year? Glynn?)
Someone from Spain (Ideas, Quim?)
Someone from O'Reilly (tenuous link at best - but Tim O'Reilly's a good speaker)

More ideas welcome. No invitations sent outside of the 2 acceptances and Simon Phipps so far.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary