[guadec-list] Guadec 2006 Sample Schedule

 As I was inspired by the 3 tracks / 3 profile idea of Gil, I want a bit further and try to concretize it to see what it could look like.

Posted it here :
http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006_2fSchedule

But as I hit the Wiki limitation I've also prepared an html version that is a bit more readable I think. Joining it to the mail.

Feedback of course more than welcome :)

--
Ludovic Danigo

Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international. Téléchargez la version beta.
Title: Guadec 2006 Sample Schedule

Sample Guadec 2006 Schedule

This is a sample Guadec Schedule that is mean to stimulate discution and nothing more. None of the proposed session are real ( well, until now ;) )

How to read the schedule

Three tracks
Topaz

composed by visions, bets, plans, alpha developments and anything related to the future.

Catwalk

composed by showcases, presentations, demos... anything you can show and is related to the present.

Tangle

composed by tricky issues, controversial problems, cross-discipline knots that were originated in the past and need a wide effort to be solved.

Three profils
The User
Sessions about user experience, profiles, trends, special needs, training process, habits & issues, end-user apps...
The Client
Sessions about big deployments, distros, admins, independent software developers, corporations, public administrations...
The Developer
Sessions about... development :), languages, platforms, libraries, standards, bugs and the GNOME project workflow.
Three means
Keynote
openning talk around the profil of the day, set the underlying tone and sum up the theme.
Talk
classical talk one-to-many or small group to many.
Workshop
oriente toward brainstorming and hacking, many-to-many.
The rubik's sum up
The User The client The Developer
Topaz Catwalk Tangle
Workshop Talk keynote

Friday 23 Saturday 24 Sunday 25 Monday 26 Tuesday 27 Wednesday 28 Tuesday 29 Friday 29
09h
Hangover ... Guadec-ES Welcoming Gnome in Enterprise : Large deployment post-mortem – RedaHat/Novell/Other The web desktop – miguel de icaza After !!! ...
10h
... ... Creating passionate GNOME users Hacking Fest ...
11h
... ... Sabayon showcase – RedHat folks Optimization technics – Federico Mena-Quintero ... ...
12h
... ... HIG revamp Desktop lockdown, what to enhance ... ...
13h
... ;-) ... ... ...
14h

15h

16h
GUADEC-ES ...
Gnome collaborative apps
... ...
17h
18h St Juan ! ... Soccer : KDE vs Gnome

What possiblities Cairo brings to the table ... Basketball : Gnome vs KDE
19h ... ... GUADEC Closing ... After Closing