Re: [guadec-list] IMPORTANT: GUADEC change of dates and location

Quim, first let me say that I think you are doing a superb job and I'm
sure this is going to be the best GUADEC even if it's not held in Barcelona.

> It's 50 minutes by train. More info www.renfe.es

Two hours lost all the days is too much, so many people won't go to
Barcelona every day (unless you book accommodation in Barcelona, of course).
(I know lots of workers from Barcelona or Vilanova i la Geltrú do,
but not me since it's beyond my time limit for commuting)

Sure the train is a great place to hack, but people won't take their
laptops and it may be people full like sardine cans.

Start changing everything you see Barcelona in:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeEvents
(I don't have the hearth right now to change it)

Don't get my wrong, I also think a public university is a much better
deal.

I don't really care about the GUADEC7 location but I'm thinking of the
people who do care.

I think you should have posted a 'WARNING' email to this guadec mailing
list to let people know that GUADEC BCN was in serious danger.
The news about changing locations caught me by surprise. (Maybe it was
discussed here or somewhere else but I didn't see it)

If the danger were properly announced
more people from Spain/Catalonia
would have stepped in to help with any issue.
I was thinking everything was just flowing correctly.

Prueba el Nuevo Correo Terra; Seguro, R�pido, Fiable.