Re: GU4DEC - Let's start the discussion now.

<quote who="Glynn Foster">

> 	- Who wants to be on next years committee

Love to. Had a great time with LCA2001 in Sydney, very keen to put that
experience to good work with GUADEC.

> 	- Decided on next years location
> 	- Invite people from that location to be on the committee
> 	- Start organizing exact venues, travel costs, sponsorship etc..

All very important, because we should be organising it far earlier.
Especially if we want to provide paid tutorials and such.

> 	- All the other behind the scenes stuff that I have no clue
> 	  about

[ These bits hurt. ;) ]

> Should we use this list as a committee list / general discussion or
> create a new one [1]

Create a committee list - a small team would be crushed to pieces under the
weight of the entire community's unmoderated (and possibly unending) input.

> Anyway...I guess I'm just trying to stir stuff up so that GUADEC is even
> more kick ass than previous years...

Happy to lend a hand. :)

- Jeff

--
       "I think of the last year or two as being the biggest private
         investment in public works in decades." - Andrew Tridgell