Compiling and installing gtranslator

Hello,

Here's a quick status report:

Day 1:
------

What I want to do:

 Compile and install the gtranslator source from git HEAD.

What I have done so far:

 1) Started getting a definition about libpeas, gtk3, and gtranslator, and
    obtained a clone of libpeas and gtranslator with git.
 2) Got jhbuild, encountered some distro-specific issues which I could fix.
 3) Bootstrapped jhbuild
 4) Built jhbuild, but then realised that this was GNOME 2.x which didn't
    compile with gtranslator.
 5) Set `moduleset = "3.0"' in my ~/.jhbuildrc
 6) Built again and I still have to get 240+ modules, which seems a
    lot. So, I skipped that, and followed the instructions on a blog
    article's comment. [1]
 7) ATM jhbuild is building, which may take some time.

I wonder if you could give me some advice to setup my environment without
wasting too much time and to get things done.

Maybe a/your .jhbuildrc?

I've attached you my .jhbuildrc, which is not yet quite modded. ;-)

Awaiting your input,
Kenny

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/2010/09/19/jhbuilding-gnome-3-0-no-fun/comment-page-1/#comment-5703

--