Re: About Gtranslator 2.0

Em Seg, 2008-12-22 às 17:59 +0100, Pablo Sanxiao escreveu:
> Hi all, [...]
>
> Now gtranslator 2.0 is almost ready to be released. Next days I'm trying
> to fix a couple of bugs and then make the release. I will keep you
> up-to-date. We have to upload the new web page, I know, sorry for the
> delay.
>
> [...]

I just tested and translated Gtranslator almost-2.0.

I'll fill some (minor) bug reports, but there are two suggestions that I
believe we'd better discuss at the mailing list.

The first suggestion is about the keyboard navigation:

1. I think Alt+Home and Alt+End could be used as shortcuts for the first
and the last translation. They are probably not going to be used often,
but AFAIK they don't interfere with anything, and they make a lot of
sense when we consider Alt+Left and Alt+Right navigate to the previous
and the next messages.

2. I'll probably translate one file at a time, but for people editing
multiple messages catalogs, I couldn't find the correct shortcuts to
navigate between tabs. I suggest Ctrl+PgDown and Ctrl+PgUp (with Shift
as well for bonus points), and Alt+1, Alt+2 etc. should have their usual
role in keyboard navigation between tabs. Yes, I know that colides with
other shortcuts; that leads us to my favorite enhancement suggestion for
this email:

3. I believe there's little benefit in sepparating untranslated and
fuzzy messages when navigating. So, instead of having shortcuts for
next/previous untranslated, next/previous fuzzy, and next/previous
untranslated+fuzzy, I believe we should be good with simply
next/previous untranslated+fuzzy; the shortcut could be Alt+PgDown and
Alt+PgUp. That should cut down the number of commands the user has to
learn, and we can optionally shrink the _Go menu as well.

So, keyboard navigation between messages would be done with Alt+(←|→|
Home|End|Page_Down|Page_Up), and navigation between message catalogs
would be done with Control+(Page_Down|Page_Up) (with Shift to move the
tabs in the notebook). What do you think?

--
Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org