Re: Support service

On Mon, 2022-02-14 at 20:50 +0100, David Gasa i Castell via gtkmm-list
wrote:
I'd like to know, if possible, why some of my questions (and other
users' as well), if so, are not properly answered and how to solve
it.

In general, open source projects are not responsible for supporting
users of their software. All projects have their own particular culture
and some projects operate as charities with kind volunteer work that
can help some users.

Ultimate freedom comes with ultimate self-responsible. 🙂

Is it possible to create a payment subscription quotes or on demand
service in order to receive assistance ?

This is the correct question. Although it is a bit misdirected. Some
project's will have people in them that you can hire, or contract. not
all projects keep lists of such people. Sometimes you can just go to a
bigger company like "Collabra" or "Red Hat" and consult with them
directly. Although don't expect it to be cheap.

My personal view is that mailing lists like this one are more internal
to the project than external services. But I'm not an active member of
the internal gtkmm project, just a fellow user of gtkmm.

Good luck!

Best Regards, Martin Owens
From the Inkscape Project