Re: SSL certificate error

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 12:12 AM Kjell Ahlstedt via gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org> wrote:
I thought you were using ssh. If you use https, the expired ssl certificate is perhaps on the server side, i.e. a problem at gnome.org. I tested by downloading a clone of gtkmm with https today. It succeeded. Could it have been a problem that has now been fixed?

Kjell

It looks like gnome.org's certificate is from Let's Encrypt which had a root expiry recently. Updating your system's trusted CA certificates may resolve the issue. If you are using an uncommon git client, perhaps its SSL library is not interpreting cross-signed certificates incorrectly.