Re: SSL certificate error

Den 2021-10-12 kl. 12:44, skrev John Emmas:
I haven't needed to access gnome/git repos for a while but I tried this morning and every repo gives me an error about an expired SSL certificate.  For example, here's what I see when trying to pull from gtkmm:-

     Fetching origin
     fatal: unable to access 'https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm/': SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

I'm guessing I need to add / change something here?  But what..?

Thanks, John

I once got this email:

Hello Kjell Ahlstedt, your membership of the group gnomecvs has been automatically removed, due to inactivity.

For more information, please see the following email:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2014-March/msg00063.html

With cordiality,

the GNOME Accounts Team

It was a mistake. My gnome account was automatically restored after a short while. But you may find the link to the mailing list message interesting.

If you just want to pull from gitlab.gnome.org, I suppose you can use https instead of ssl.
In .git/config, change url = "" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:git gitlab gnome org:/GNOME/gtkmm">git gitlab gnome org:/GNOME/gtkmm
 to url = "" class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm.git">https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm.git

Kjell