Re: Deriving from GObject in C++

If your program logic has been already written in C++ you can write GUI
using GTKMM. Or even scripting language. Do not use GTK, unless you
know what you are doing. If you need to make a derived widget from the
existing one => gtkmm is your friend. If you want to create a widget
from scratch that is a different story. Try to keep GUI separated from
the business logic you aeady have. Will save you a lot of time in the
future.