Re: Glib::Property and read / write settings

I would first make your property member a Glib::Property_ReadOnly so that errors are caught at compile time by C++. I don't know whether maybe it ignores the Glib::PARAM flags or overrides them.

Yes, GLib emits ::notify with the property name as the detail, e.g. notify::my-new-prop. However, I don't think glibmm wraps this, or at least I can't see how. So you might need to add a bit of C to glue it to your general handler for property changes.