libgdamm development

Hi,
I am trying to compile libgdamm using jhbuild. Everything was compiled
successfully but not libgdamm.  It looks like it needs very "fresh"
version of glibmm:

return Glib::make_refptr_for_instance<Gnome::Gda::Batch>(
dynamic_cast<Gnome::Gda::Batch*> (Glib::wrap_auto ((GObject*)(object),
take_copy)) );

Could you please share your experience with libgdamm compilation? I was
thinking to port some new work in libgda but it is really frustrating
if I can't even compile it. Is it really necessary to pull recent glimmand gtkmm-4?

Thanks.