Re: Closing a Gtk::MessageDialog

On 17/03/2017 19:20, Daniel Boles wrote:

Dialogs are supposed to be used with a main (non-dialog) window as parent; running them without a parent is discouraged.

Thanks Daniel and Pavlo. I was getting mixed up with MSVC where dialog-based main windows are pretty common.

I followed your advice and rearranged things so that the application will now launch Gtk::MessageDialog as a child dialog (rather than it actually 'being' a Gtk::MessageDialog) and it's now working as expected.

John