Re: Closing a Gtk::MessageDialog

You should be calling Dialog::run(), not using the Dialog as a main window. That is not how Dialogs are intended to be used. So I wouldn't be surprised if the close button does not have its intended effect without the nested main loop of Dialog::run() to process it. Though I've never tried what you did there.

Also, Dialogs are supposed to be used with a main (non-dialog) window as parent; running them without a parent is discouraged.