Re: gtkmm-4.0: Remove Gtk::Application::create() with argc and argv?

On Tue, 2017-02-07 at 19:16 +0100, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:
gtk+-4.0 and gtkmm-4.0 are future API/ABI-breaking versions of gtk+
and gtkmm.
gtk_init() in gtk+-4.0 does not take argc and argv arguments any
more. Therefore Gtk::Application::create() does not use those
arguments. They are just saved and used by Gtk::Application::run().
There are run() overloads that also take argc and argv arguments.
Removing that create() overload and the corresponding constructor
would result in the cleanest and most logical API. A drawback is that
it requires an extra change in many (probably most) gtkmm
applications when they are upgraded to gtkmm-4.0. For instance in
more than a hundred example programs in gtkmm-documentation.
I suggest that we remove Gtk::Application::create(argc, argv,
application_id, flags) despite the drawback.
Comments?

The change in application code is at least simple. It seems fine to me.
Thanks.