Re: gtk_widget_class_set_template_from_resource

Den 2016-09-26 kl. 18:47, skrev Patrick Welche:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 06:32:50PM +0200, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:
BTW, have you seen the gtkmm tutorial at
https://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/unstable/?
The last thing I did before posting here was to have a look in

  git clone git://git.gnome.org/gtkmm-documentation

I take it this is the same?
Right.
The logic was that in gtk+, given <template> in .ui files, and
GtkApplication loading "automatic resources" for the menus and help,
I guessed that setting up the application in C++ would be even
easier. (Rather than going back to gtk_builder calls)

Cheers,

Patrick

If you use gtkmm, you can't use <template> elements in the xml files, and you can't use <signal> elements. Apart from that, I think the application in the "Building applications" section of the gtk+ documentation can be built in approximately the same way in gtkmm. I notice that the gtk+ application uses GtkBuilder for the menus. Resource files can be used with gtkmm. I suppose you have seen the "Menus and Toolbars" section in the gtkmm tutorial.

The gtkmm tutorial does not contain a complete application example like the gtk+ example that you linked to. It would be fine to have it translated to gtkmm and added to the tutorial.

Kjell