Re: gtk_widget_class_set_template_from_resource

gtk_widget_class_set_template() and gtk_widget_class_set_template_from_resource() are not wrapped in gtkmm. It would not be trivial to use them in a gtkmm program, since they must be called from the class initialization function.

I have not studied this example in detail, but I think it would be possible to use Gtk::Builder, if you change the <template> section to an <object> section. Use Gtk::Builder in your main() function. Look at the example at
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm-documentation/tree/examples/book/builder/basic
for some hints how to do it.

Kjell