gtk_widget_class_set_template_from_resource

I am following the standard gtk+ "trival application" example at:

  https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/ch01s04.html

and trying to do the equivalent using gtkmm. It seems that since

  https://blogs.gnome.org/tvb/2013/04/09/announcing-composite-widget-templates/

the idea is that your application is a composite widget which should be
defined in XML. Given a ui resource file defining a <template> section,
I don't see how any gtkmm convenient wrapper constructor can make use of it.

How is this meant to work? Should I be looking glibmm? or?

Cheers,

Patrick