Re: Refresh dialog

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 2:57 AM, Phil Wolff <adiabat centurylink net> wrote:
The code you posted is incomplete and does not compile. I suspect your
problem is that you didn't call Gtk::ApplicationWindow::add ( vBox ). I did,
and it shows the "Message" column title as you would expect. It does *not*
display "hello" -- since the tree contains nothing that can be selected,
the iterator is undefined. Changing the test to "if(!iter)" causes "hello"
to be displayed as well. See http://pastebin.com/EGsexKmW

If you post sample code in the future, please be sure that it will compile
and link without errors.

Thank you. That cleared few things.

I will add sample code from text time appropriately.

I did not add vBox because I have already added it in the constructor
of a class. In the same file, later in some function, I am updating
contents of the vBox. As a result, I added the Gtk::Paned to vBox only
and did not add vBox another time. If I add the vBox again, I get this
error:

gtk_box_pack: assertion 'child->parent == NULL' failed

So how to proceed to refresh vBox?

--
Kamalpreet Kaur Grewal
Blog: http://kamalpreetgrewal.com/