Re: Bug in documentation: Gio::File Class Reference

Den 2016-08-09 kl. 19:28, skrev Kjell Ahlstedt:
Den 2016-08-05 kl. 09:45, skrev Murray Cumming:
Maybe we could just remove any sentence that includes "g_free". We
might lose a little information that happens to be in the same
sentence, but I guess it would be worth it.

That's a good idea. I'll test it to see what it would do to the documentation of glibmm and gtkmm.

Kjell

I have pushed the  patch "gmmproc: Add DocsParser::remove_c_memory_handling_info()"
https://git.gnome.org/browse/glibmm/commit/?id=1ced6f1a720828122b5c8e7d136c8e93f1fb05ea

It behaves reasonably well when building glibmm and gtkmm.

It makes one description of a return value in gtkmm worse (Gtk::Clipboard::wait_for_uris()). I've fixed that with a hand-coded description in clipboard.hg.
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm/commit/?id=4b020269c3fc8187a666fa67226e8aac8881c035

It removes at least one sentence that ought not to be removed (in Gio::ApplicationCommandLine::get_arguments()). That method returns a char**, like g_application_command_line_get_arguments(). It can also be fixed with a hand-coded description, but I've not done that (yet). That description contains other problematic text as well. It refers to g_option_context_parse_strv(), which is not wrapped in Glib::OptionContext.

Kjell