Gio::SocketConnection to Gio::TlsClientConnection

Hello everybody,

is it possible to make a SocketConnection become a TlsClientConnection?

I'm using Gio::SocketClient and if I enable tls before connect-call it will do the handshake during the connect-call. I think there is no way to break this. This is coded here: https://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/tree/gio/gsocketclient.c#n1132
The Giomm is only wrapping this.

But if I could start with the SocketConnection/TcpConnection and wrap this after the connect in a TlsClientConnection, I could call the handshake() myself.

Is there a C++-way to do this?

br,
Markus