Re: C++11 features, move semantics?

On Sat, 2015-08-01 at 09:21 -0700, Andrew Potter wrote:
On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 7:49 AM, Hubert Figuière <hub figuiere net> wrote:
On 31/07/15 03:16 AM, Murray Cumming wrote:
Does anyone see any need for this in gtkmm?

In theory, I guess we could make Gtk::Widget movable but not copyable,
so we could do things like this sometimes:

I believe making Gtk::Widget movable (but not copyable) has a benefit
and could be implemented without too much confusion if we are able to
deal with "moved" Gtk::Widget properly - ie let the programmer know of
the error (like when attenmpting to perform something with a Gtk::Widget
no longer valid since we move it).

I'd also like to see a movable Widget. It's not something I'd need
every day, but
it is really nice to have the flexibility to do a little more
unorthodox things when you
need to.

I'm open to the idea, but I'd like to see some small example of how this
might be used, please.