Re: Running Gtk application in new terminal

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Abhinav singh
<abhinavksingh93 gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Juan Rafael García Blanco
<juanrgar gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

Apparently you are running both the main program and the gtk app in the same
execution thread. Therefore you need additional threads, that is the way you
can dettach the gtk app from the main thread, making it execute in a
dedicated thread.

Regards,
Juan.

My main program is not at all related with gtk so need of
multithreading is not necessarily requires i think so. An alternative
solution will be if i get out of Gtk main loop without destroying the
application window.Is it possible to do so?

Regards,
Abhinav

Sorry my mistake thats not an option. But how i can dedicate
additional thread to gtk app when main program is not related to gtk?
Any other alternative for solving this problem?

Thanks,
Abhinav