RE: Running Gtk application in new terminal

Quoth Abhinav singh:
I am running a gtk application from another program lets call it "main
program". This program is command driven and proceed according to
command given to it. What my problem is when the command which runs my
gtk application is given into "main program" the terminal gets hang up
till the application window is closed then only my "main program" is
able to process further command given to it.

Is there any way to run my gtk application in entire new terminal or
without terminal associated with it so that my "main program" will be
able to process the next command in the list with gtk application
running in parallel?

It sounds like you're asking how to run a GTK app from a shell script
without waiting for it to end.

You do that just like you'd do it for anything else -- you run it as a
background task (usually by adding & at the end of your command line).  You
may also want to redirect the output/error streams to avoid printing to your
main terminal while it's running.

If you're doing it from some other language than a shell script, you'll have
to use the appropriate constructs for running background tasks and/or
redirecting output in that language.