C++11 features, move semantics?

Hi,

just wondering if anyone has given any thought on C++11 features for
gtkmm.

One thing that seems very unfortunate is that all objects are
non-movable (due to them being explicitly made non-copyable which then
also deletes the move constructor).

Actually, what I was trying to do was to create an array of
Gtk::Label, e.g.

  { Gtk::Label l[] { Gtk::Label{"1"}, Gtk::Label{"2"} }; }

this one doesn't work because a Gtk::Label is neither copyable nor
movable (but I think it should be movable) - the alternative

  { Gtk::Label l[] { {"1"}, {"2"} }; }

doesn't work either because the constructor is marked explicit.

I have only done a very cursory search through the mailing list
archive, but haven't found much related. Any thoughts?

Christof

http://cmeerw.org                              sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org                   xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org