Re: GMenu, GAction and GtkBuilder

On Thu, 2013-10-03 at 15:11 +0200, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:
2013-10-01 13:07, Murray Cumming skrev:
Overall, I think we should take the unusual step of undeprecating
Gtk::UIManager and friends in gtkmm before our stable release, even
though the underlying C API is deprecated. Many C developers also seem
to feel that the deprecation in GTK+ was rushed, but we had no
response to requests to delay it. Hopefully things will be clearer for
gtkmm 3.12.
I deprecated Gtk::UIManager and some other classes with commit
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm/commit/?id=d1cfb5b5d805b2033334c8fb8845522e79333814.
Perhaps I'm supposed to have an opinion here, but I haven't. I just
deprecated a lot of stuff in gtkmm that depends on deprecated stuff in
gtk+, without thinking about the consequences. I assumed that the gtk+
developers would not deprecate any useful function, if there was no good
alternative available.

Yes, you absolutely did the right thing, and thanks for that.

If you come to the conclusion that some of the deprecations ought to be
undone in gtkmm, I have no objection.

I'll do that in a couple of days, I think.

www.openismus.com